Futurpreneur Canada is a national non-profit organization that encourages and supports young Canadians, 18 to 39 years of age, who would not otherwise have the opportunity to learn about entrepreneurship and contribute to their community by establishing successful businesses.
Programs and Services
- Start-up Program – Futurpreneur provides start-up financing up to $15,000 with flexible repayment schedules and no principal payments in the first year. Entrepreneurs who qualify for the Futurpreneur loan program may also qualify for additional financing up to $30,000 through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC).
- Pre-launch Coaching – Seasoned Futurpreneur Entrepreneurs-In-Residence (EIR) and community partners provide pre-launch coaching to help build solid business plans, financing strategies and more. There is also a free interactive business planner online available to anyone.
- Mentor Program – This structured mentoring program is for entrepreneurs who receive a start-up loan. Proteges learn to make effective business decisions by working with an experienced business person during the start-up phase of their venture.
- Newcomer Program – Futurpreneur recognizes that that the needs of newcomer entrepreneurs may differ from those of other entrepreneurs. This program and application process is specifically designed to meet these unique needs.
- 18 to 39 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Complete a viable business plan
- Business will be a full-time career
- Business is new or under a year old
- Agree to work with a mentor for a minimum two years