The First Peoples Economic Growth Fund offers a variety of programs that support training for new and existing First Nations entrepreneurs.
The First Peoples Economic Growth Fund Inc. (FPEGF) provides financing to support Manitoba First Nation business proposals that are economically viable. FPEGF provides a variety of support for First Nation owned businesses through a diverse portfolio of programs.
To be eligible for the FPEGF Support Programs listed below, applicants must:
- be a Manitoba First Nation or a member of a Manitoba First Nation living on or off reserve in Manitoba
- be aged 18 and over, and eligible to work in Canada
- not have owned a similar business in the past 12 months
- provide the name and qualifications of the proposed consultant, proposed terms of reference and a written proposal, including a quote
Note: Eligibility requirements may vary with each program. A detailed description of eligibility requirements can be accessed at www.firstpeoplesfund.ca.
Type of Assistance
The FPEGF offers four different types of Business Support Programs.
- Business Plan Assistance Program - This program allows the applicant to engage the services of a professional consultant to help research to help research and develop a quality business plan that will be used to attract financing.
- Professional Support Services (Aftercare) Program – This program is intended to provide professional support to new businesses that have obtained assistance under another program within the FPEGF, to help improve the opportunity for success.
- Skills Development Program – This Program supports training for new and existing First Nations entrepreneurs to develop their management and marketing skills.
- Business Contribution Fund (BCF) – This program will consider non-repayable contributions to Manitoba First Nation clients for eligible capital and operating costs to start, expand, or acquire a viable business. The BCF may contribute up to 40% of the eligible costs to a maximum of $99,999 for entrepreneurs and $250,000 for community owned businesses, based on a viable business plan and subject to other financing being in place.
For more information on the programs listed, please visit เกมส์www.firstpeoplesfund.ca.
First Peoples Economic Growth Fund Inc.
102 - 1075 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
Toll free: 1-888-942-6026